Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Post 6: Nauti

Post 6: Nauti


Carrie Conway has been doing very well at digging for treasure. She had some trouble at first but her luck improved tremendously when she dug up her first treasure chest ($5,000!) and then a second one and third one! She was able to make her house look nicer with new wallpaper and better furniture and some skilling items(chess table, easel).

Then she dug up a forth treasure chest so she bought the toy crafting bench and made some new toys. She made a couple extra of some of them and invited her friends Ruthie and Rita over and gave the extra toys as gifts to them for their kids(first time I've used the give gift feature!). I used InSIM to give her a gold toy crafting badge ;) After that she sold the bench and with a little more digging had enough to replace the easel with a piano(which I like better for skilling).


Her son Kane (Tom's son) is a child now. I played her lot again to start the second round. Her lot is now on the second day of Winter (played them an extra day because Kane was going to become a child)







She now has a daughter, named Damia (Tom's daughter). Damia recently became a toddler.







I thought it was cute when Damia decided to pet the pet brick *laughs* (I didn't even know toddlers could pet it)







Kane decided he would start training it *laughs*





----

Ruthie Horn hasn't been having any luck at all. She mostly digs up stones, bones and maps, enough to pay her bills and buy what is needed but she hasn't been able to get ahead.

Her daughter Stella became a toddler.




Ruthie didn't think her life could get much worse.... She went into labor and...well she hadn't expected to have Twins (she blames Tom). Instead of needing one new crib, she now had to buy two. The Twins, a boy and girl, were named Rafe and Raven.






Time passed some what peacefully when you have a toddler and two babies in the house. Ruthie continued to 'entertain' her male friends and took care of the kids when she had too. The toys that Carrie Conway had given her, helped keep little Stella busy, if not quiet.






Then late afternoon on the day Stella was due to become a child and the twins, toddlers... she suddenly had to run for the bathroom to throw up... surely she couldn't be pregnant, she had done her best to make sure she didn't get pregnant again...it had to be something she had eaten!



(I blame the fact that just yesterday I had the nerve to say that my sims rarely ever get pregnant by ACR's risky woohoo when it's set at the default 5%)



but just a very short time later(seriously, she didn't have time to even think about taking a morning after pill), her belly popped out... and then it was time - Stella became a child and started cleaning the kitchen sink 0_o and Ruthie helped the Twins become toddlers.




Stella is going to be a big help to her mom now. She is fit already because I use syberspunks dancefitnessandbodyskilling hack (available at MATY) and as a toddler she loved to dance.
As you can see, she is very neat, outgoing, active, nice and is also very serious.






The Twins, Rafe and







Raven, are both amazingly enough, gemini's 0_0 Their personalities are almost exactly the same, one has about 2 more points then the other.



Ruthie isn't sure who got her pregnant this time, she 'entertained' quite a few of the guys she knows in the days (and nights) after the twins were born... (I wasn't paying much attention since I didn't think she would get knocked up again) She thinks the father could be Oscar or Deuce or maybe Mark...or even Taz...or maybe even Steve :P I don't think it was Tom this time.

hmmm maybe I'll 'invite' (summon/teleport) them all over for the birth and see who gets the pacifier over his head. I like guessing but I also like to make sure the dads know their kids. Tom regularly visits an plays with and/or helps out with all his kids (he even changes dirty diapers).

Ruthie's lot is now on the first day of Winter (in the evening). Stella has learned how to study. Ruthie had to keep Stella's old crib and spend money buying a single bed for Stella.

---

I don't really mind Ruthie being pregnant again, it actually fits with her being poor trash *laughs*

Next I'll be playing Rita Monro again(not exactly sure when). Since it will be time for the third round after Rita's lot get to the first day of Winter, I'll just play her until the first day(or thereabouts) of Spring.

Should be interesting for me since I have never played Winter. If I dislike it and/or it annoys me then I'll be changing the Seasons (to get rid of Winter) once they are all past it.

I wish for a hack that stops sims from getting too hot/cold! I find it highly annoying that sims can get too hot playing a simple game of catch and stuff. blah, I will shut up before I start ranting but I will say that as much as I love most of what Seasons has added to the game, I've come close to uninstalling it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pet bricks!?! I didn't know about those!

So sorry to have mentioned risky odds... although that *is* funny!!

yettie

mesleepycat said...

I'm glad I mentioned the pet brick then! it's one of the craftable toys and it makes a really good pet! *laughs*

I didn't think to have Carrie make extra of those though so Ruthie and Rita's kids don't have one :P

I had to pause the game when Ruthie threw up so I could get a picture but it took me a bit to take it because I was too busy laughing.

All I could think of was that I should've knocked on wood after telling you my sims rarely get caught by risky *laughs*

Anonymous said...

I love the pet bricks!

As for getting to hot or too cold I use Carrigons "no overheating or freezing" http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2463

mesleepycat said...

thank you, thank you, thank you! I haven't looked at Carrigon's hacks in ages and hadn't seen that one!

I like how it also stops the social worker and they can just leave the kids home alone.

Bubbs said...

lmao - Poor girl is pregnant again...she needs birth control. roflmao!